What You Can Do Now To STOP FRACKING !
Perhaps you have become recently aware of the dangers of hydraulic fracturing or fracking as it is more commonly known, or you are a seasoned activist, or somewhere in between the two.
If you are wondering what you can do to help stop this destructive and harmful method of dirty natural gas drilling then please consider the following and act on the suggestions that most speak to your passions, interests and skills.
Please spread this information to all who may be interested!
People power is the real power on this earth and even the wills of kings, politicians and corporations must bend to our demands when we speak in a unified and clear manner!
What you can do now:
* Talk about fracking and your concerns for the potential impacts on human health, the environment and local economies to family, friends, elected officials, coworkers and fellow members of your church, gym or other organizations. Talk in public at the store, barber shop or library to your neighbors and help us create an overwhelming movement to ban fracking and dirty energy production.
* Make copies of the various documentaries about fracking and give out the dvds to all of the above, including your town board members, mayor, state assembly and senators, and your federal congresspeople and senators.
* Send all of the above this link to watch Gasland the film online for free http://thoughtmaybe.com/video/gasland
* Show up (which is 90% of all success) at every fracking related event you can and bring friends because numbers matter. This could include educational events, film showings, legislative and departmental hearings, anti-fracking protests & marches, political rallies, and press conferences.
* Email or call folks and organizations about fracking and forward all the relevant info you receive from us to your contacts, especially when their is a general call of "All Out To Support" an action.
* Write letters to the editor to various newspapers and even try your hand at writing a small article for a newspaper, website or magazine. They are always looking for controversial stories and subjects to highlight.
* Get involved in your local anti-fracking group and help to build a powerful grassroots movement to stop this harmful practice.
* Go to local town hall or city council meetings and inform your public officials about fracking and its dangers.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has- Mead